- Age of the deceased should be between 18 to 64 Years, i.e., death of the bread earner has occurred while he/she was in the age group 18-64 years.
- Family income of the applicant should not be more than Rs. 60,000/-p.a.
- Applicant must be a resident of the National Capital Territory of Delhi for at least 5 years preceding the date of submission of application
- Has a “singly –operated, account in any Bank or Post Office for receiving the payment through cheque. This provision may be relaxed in the case of minors, mentally challenged applicants or those who come under the purview of Legal Guardianship as per rules of National Trust.
Proof of residence – any one of the documents listed below (which clearly show at least 5 years of residence in Delhi)
- Ration Card, Voter Card, Passport, Driving License, Birth certificate issued by MCD/Registrar-Births and Deaths, Death certificate issued by MCD/Registrar-Births & Deaths
- Insurance policy document, Immunization card of any family member, Medical records of treatment in Delhi, Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Telephone bill, Gas connection receipt
- Bank passbook, Caste certificate, Student I-card, Service identity card of public/private sector company/established concern
- Freedom fighter identity card, Pension document, Ex-serviceman dependant certificate, Property document
- Any other document which clearly shows at least 5 years of residence in Delhi
- A copy of disability certificate issued by the Medical Board of the notified Hospitals of Govt. of NCT of Delhi or Govt. of India.
- A self –declaration by the applicant regarding his/ her family income as given in the form.
- The form also needs to be recommended by a Gazetted Officer of Central /State Govt. or MP/MLA and the accompanying documents should also be attested.
- In case ‘No Documentary Evidence’ is available with the applicant in r/o proof of residence,
- The applicant will need to produce statements of any of the two proof of residence, following list, stating the period of produce statements of any of the two witnesses from the following list, stating the period of applicant’s length of stay in Delhi-
- Public representative such as MP of the area, MLA of the area,
- President or General Secretary of RWA of the locality
- Two neighbors of the applicant with their contact details
- Registered women SHGs/Mahila Mandals President or General Secretary.
- ICDS Supervisors/ASHA workers of the area
- Gazetted Officer of the Central /Delhi Govt.
- Along with the witness’s statement, the relevant document for the photo identity proof, residence and length of stay for the witnesses shall also have to be appended with the application, clearly showing that the witnesses themselves have been around in the same area for the number of years they claim to have known the applicant. This would apply for all except public representative such as MP/MLA of the area.
- It will be obligatory for the beneficiary to inform of any change in address and/ or bank details like change in bank, a/c no. etc.
How to Apply?
- One – time assistance of Rs. 10,000/- is given by a/c payee cheque
- The Concerned District Social Welfare Officer is the competent authority for verification, sanction and payment of the assistance under the scheme.
Nodal Agency Name: Delhi Swasth Kutumb Society/Labour Deptt.- 5 Sham Nath Marg Delhi- 54
Nodal Officer: Shri Piyush Sharma
Designation: Addl. Labour Commissoner
Tel. No.: 01123967495, Fax: 01123978449