1. The matter was passed over in the morning to be taken at 2:30 p.m.
2. By way of present petition the petitioner has assailed notice dated
04.09.2015 issued by respondents whereby the nomination of the petitioner
for the post of President of Students Union Election of respondent No.1
College to be held on 11.09.2015 was rejected.
3. Counter affidavit on behalf of respondent No.1 has been placed on
4. With the consent of learned counsel for the parties the matter is taken
up for final disposal.
5. The facts as culled out from the petition are that on 24.08.2015
respondent No.1 Shri Ram College of Commerce (hereinafter referred to as,
‘SRCC’) issued instructions for filing nominations for various posts of the
Students Union and Societies Election, 2015. As per condition No.5 of the
instructions for filing nomination with regard to eligibility of the candidate
for various posts, the candidates should have minimum of 75% of the
attendance in the preceding year(s). The petitioner is a student of 3rd year
B.Com. (Hons.) of SRCC, University of Delhi. The petitioner filed
nomination for contesting the elections for the post of President of the
Students Union and Societies Election, 2015 on 02.09.2015. The respondent
No.1/ College rejected the candidature of the petitioner on 04.09.2015 on the
ground of shortage of attendance.
Source: Indian Kanoon