Sandhya Kumari vs Manish Kumar on 21 October, 2016

MAT.APP.(F.C.) 36/2014 & 57/2014 Page 1 of 13
2. The first shot was fired by Manish; apparent from the fact that the
petition filed by him bears serial No.141/2012 and the one filed by Sandhya
is 489/2012.
3. Case pleaded by Manish was that the marriage solemnized on March
08, 2011 was without any demand of dowry from him or his family, but
customary gifts were given by the parents of Sandhya. The couple lived
with his parents at P-283, Mohan Garden, Buddh Bazar Road, Uttam Nagar,
Delhi. Both were working. The first act of cruelty alleged is that after two
days of marriage Sandhya went to her parental house and returned after one
month notwithstanding he making efforts for her to return to her
matrimonial home. He could not understand the behaviour of Sandhya who
would say that she was uncomfortable in her matrimonial home because
there was no air conditioning in the house and that she did not want to
perform household chores. The next (second) act of cruelty alleged is when
the couple went to Vaishno Devi in April 2011. As per Manish, Sandhya
reduced the trip to a nightmare on account of Sandhya constantly nagging
him for bringing less money. The further act of cruelty is linked to the first,
inasmuch as Manish pleads that half the time Sandhya used to spend in her
parental house telling him that she had no time to cook meals in her
matrimonial home. The third act of cruelty alleged is that on July 05, 2011
Sandhya telephonically informed him from her office that she was in the
family way and had to undergo an ultrasound. Since during those days
Sandhya was in her parental home he went to the house of her parents and
took her to a doctor. Ultrasound showed a normal foetus. He pleads that on
July 12, 2011, Sandhya returned to her matrimonial home, a day which
turned out to be a nightmare. As per him Sandhya fought with him. Abused
him and his parents. At 5.00 A.M. the next day i.e. July 13, 2011 Sandhya

MAT.APP.(F.C.) 36/2014 & 57/2014 Page 2 of 13
started shouting that she had aborted. He rushed her to a private clinic but
Sandhya insisted to be taken to Dada Dev Matra Avm Shishu Chikitshalay.
He pleads that Sandhya was brought back by him and she told him that she
had to revisit the hospital after four days. He took her to Gupta Nursing
Home to get an exact report and (quote) : ‘The petitioner and his family
were shocked to learn that the respondent had already aborted the baby
without even taking any advice or informing the petitioner and his family’.
Meaning thereby cruelty alleged was the unilateral act of Sandhya to abort
the foetus. He pleads that on October 04, 2011 Sandhya left the
consortium and went to her parental house never to return. She took her
jewellery along. Whenever he tried to meet her to counsel her to return she
would threaten saying that the two would henceforth meet only in the
Court. On December 26, 2011 he received a notice from Crime Against
Women Cell and when he reached the Cell he was humiliated by Sandhya.

Source: Indian Kanoon

Leave a Reply