Registrar of Co-Operative Societies & ANR. Vs. T.K. Kunhiraman & Ors.
[Civil Appeal No.3269 of 2016 arising out of SLP (C) No. 17614/2013]
[Civil Appeal No.3270 of 2016 arising out of SLP (C) No. 17632/2013]
[Civil Appeal No.3271 of 2016 arising out of SLP (C) No. 17807/2013]
1. 1 Leave granted.
2. All these appeals have arisen from the judgment dated 25.03.2013 of the High Court in Writ Appeal Nos. 1807 of 2012 and 1856 of 2012. Those appeals arise out of an interim order dated 5th October, 2012 in I.A. No. 13197/2012 in W.P. (C) No. 16564/2012.
3. In the nature of the order we propose to pass in these cases, it is not necessary to go into the factual aspects of the cases. Suffice only to mention that the core issue pertains to the enrollment/expulsion of members in a Cooperative Society.
4. It is seen that on 09.05.2013, this Court passed an interim order to maintain status quo as it existed on that date. Since the writ petition itself is to be finally decided by the High Court, we dispose of these appeals with a direction to the High Court to dispose of the writ petition (C) No.16564 of 2012 expeditiously and preferably within six months from today.
5. The interim order dated 09.05.2013 will continue till the disposal of the writ petition.
6. Needless to say that the writ petition will be heard and decided uninfluenced by any of the observations made either in the impugned judgment or in the order passed by the learned Single Judge.
……………..J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
……………..J. [ROHINTON FALI NARIMAN]
MARCH 31, 2016
Source: Supreme Court of India