- To provide social security by way of financial assistance to widows
- A pension will be paid quarterly @ Rs. 1500/- per month per head through ECS by RBI.
The following widows in the age group of 18 to below 60 years shall be eligible :
- Those who are domiciled in Delhi and have been residing in Delhi for more than 5 years continuously preceding the date of application
- Those whose family income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 60,000/- p.a.
- The applicant should not be receiving any pension or financial assistance from MCD and/or NDMC or any other source
The following widows in the above said age group shall not be eligible
- Inmates of any Institutions/Homes run by the Govt./Local Bodies or and Voluntary Organization
- Those who have remarried. The pension shall be stopped once a widow remarries. Every year each widow shall have to submit a certificate from the area MLA about her marital status for continuation of pension.
- Those who have already received assistance under the Scheme for Financial Assistance for Widows from Department of Social Welfare or WCD.
How to Apply?
- Be submitted in the prescribed form to the District Social Welfare Offices of the respective Districts, area MLA/ MP or Financial Assistance Section, Department of Social Welfare, Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi, GLNS Complex, New Delhi- 110 002.
- The application forms shall be obtainable free of cost from the abovementioned offices.
- The application shall contain the recommendation from the Member of Legislative Assembly of National Capital Territory of Delhi or the member of the Parliament of the area concerned.
- The following documents shall be attached with the application:-
- A copy of the death certificate of beneficiaries’ husband issued by the Registrar, Births & Deaths;
- A copy of ration card or voter identity card or any other proof of residence and age; c. Income certificate issued by Revenue Authority of jurisdiction; d. An affidavit to the effect that no Financial Assistance/ Pension has been received by the applicant for this purpose from any other Govt. organization, non-government organization, Municipal Corporation of Delhi or New Delhi Municipal Corporation or any other statutory or non-statutory agency for this purpose.
Nodal Agency Name: Delhi Swasth Kutumb Society/Labour Deptt.- 5 Sham Nath Marg Delhi- 54
Nodal Officer: Shri Piyush Sharma
Designation: Addl. Labour Commissoner
Tel. No.: 01123967495, Fax: 01123978449