Part 1 – Preliminary
1. Short title, extent and commencement –
1. This Act may be called the Limitation Act,1963.
2. It extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
3. It shall come into force on such...
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires.
(a) “applicant” includes
(ii) any person from or through whom an applicant derives his right to apply;
(iii) any person whose estate is represented by the applicant as executor, administrator or other representative;
(b) “application” includes a...
Part 3 – Limitation of Suits, Appeals and Applications
3. Bar of limitation
(1) Subject to the provisions contained in sections 4 to 24 (inclusive) every suit instituted, appeal preferred, and application made after the prescribed period shall be dismissed although limitation...
4. Expiry of prescribed period when court is closed.
When the prescribed period for any suit, appeal or application expires on a day when the court is closed, the suit, appeal or application may be instituted, preferred or made on...