Lodge complaint with National Commission for Women

national commission for women india

Now a days filling a compliant at the national commission for women has become very easy. Any woman can lodge an online complaint with the national commission for women.
Hence the series of spreading information here we bring you the easy method on how you can lodge/register complaint with national commission for women.
The national commission for woman has a Complaints and Counselling Cell which processes all the complaints received orally, written or suo moto under Section 10 of the (National commission for women Act) NCW Act. The complaints which may be filed before NCW may be related to domestic violence, gender discrimination, sexual harassment at work cruelty by husband, refusal to register FIR by police, rape, bigamy dowry, desertion, torture and deprivation.

The national commission can you in following manners:
NCW can monitor and expedite the Investigations by the police.
The matters are brought to the notice of various state authorities to facilitate action.
By way of counselling the Family disputes may be resolved or compromised.
As per the 1997 Supreme Court Judgment on Sexual Harassment at Workplace, (Vishakha Vs. State of Rajasthan) every employer is required to provide for effective complaints procedures and remedies including award of compensation to women victims. In sexual harassment complaints, the concerned organisation is urged to expedite cases and the disposal is monitored.
For serious crimes, the Commission constitutes an Inquiry Committee which makes spot enquiries, examines witnesses, collects evidence and submits the report with recommendations. The implementation of the report is monitored by the NCW. The Commission has powers to summon theaccused, witnesses and records to facilitate inquiry.
The commission involves the NGOs and other experts are involved in these efforts.

Please make sure your complaint does not suffer from any of the following defects as the commission does not entertain complaints which:
are illegible or vague, anonymous or pseudonymous; or
relates to civil dispute between the parties such as contractual rights obligations and the like;
relates to service matters not involving any deprivation of women’s rights;
relates to labour/industrial disputes not involving any deprivation of womens rights:
Matter is sub judice before a Court/Tribunal;
The Commission shall not inquire into any matter which is pending before a State Commission or any other Commission duly constituted under any law for the time being in force.
any Matter/case already decided by the Commission

Register online complaint with National Commission for Women


  1. my husband beats me everyday. and he also brinks and bauses me… he also throw me out of his house.. please tell me what should i do?

  2. Domestic violence is very big problem in India… i Suggest you to Kindly consult a lawyer..

  3. Iam muslim woman Regd dowry case fir against husband after 2 counselling sessions, he absconded to saudi.Later there ws dicussion with their lawyer & both agreed for part ways(4lakhs & articles to b exchanged).police asked to write a letter stating settlement at qazi & closing case.initially i opposed for this but as i didnt expect the 2nd party will trouble in executing agreement.Later when i couldnt receive amount at qazi,approached police,they said case has been closed.But later the accused party responsible persons were called and i received amount (cheques).Later one day when exchanging articles they asked Maher amount 40,000 to be paid on spot(it was decided at qazi as i opted for khula,so that we dont waste our time ).I denied since rhe cheques for 4lakhs were in encashment process.Police asked me to write a stmt that received articles and due amount will be returned after cheque clearance.I have sent khula papers to them through Qazi about 2.5 months ago but they are still in pending.I said to police iam ready to pay money but only after getting signed khula papers.now they are wantedly delaying papers. When i approached police again after 2 months,police again said case has been closed now its not their responsibilty.
    can i approach police commissioner for justice?
    Can i complaint online to national comm for women against NRI ?
    what is the solution?
    I didnt even receive notice of case closure.

  4. I’m 21yrs old..n I stay in blore..my grandma n my parents are forcing me for marriage..But I’m not even interested ..I asked for some time like 2yrs but they are blackmailing me …I’m going into depression by this..none r supporting me..left all alone..year back the same situation came to me n from tat I joined to mads hospital..they will tell if you don’t marry will die..please suggest me!!!

  5. My inlaws dint accept me as their daughter in law bcz im revert after nikah 9 months layer they callede house but no good behavior i get from them. My husband also supports them always abuse me. And cintun thretnd me for divorce. I have no one 2ho will support me what should i do? How I be normal

  6. I am Reshma Khan I am suffering from HIV positive because of my husband I am suffering I have one baby 3 years old I am staying with my mom house my arrenge marriage my husband family not keeping in the house because of HIV I have file the case domestic violence of women in 2016 in Belapure court belapur judge pass the order on 2 march 2018 of interim maintenance per months 20,000 but my husband Die on 1 october 2017 A family went to thane session court of appeal now a day I am not well because of HIV I am fight this case for my baby future no income source in my house my father also die now a day both the judge Belapure and thane judge not leasing I don’t have money for advocated Some legal advocated help me out but I am requested to u please help me out of my baby future life my husband advocated every time created problems that why judge not leasing my matter plz help me I will thank full to u Reshma Khan

Leave a Reply