2. The land in question belonged to M/s Birla Cotton Spinning and
Weaving Mills Ltd., a public limited company (hereinafter called the
company). The company had purchased the land bearing Khasra Nos.
485/116 (3-10), 477/117 (5-14), 478/117 (0-5) and 118(5-17), total area
measuring 15 Bighas and 6 Biswas, situated in the revenue estate of Village
Kalu Sarai, New Delhi, for the purposes of providing housing facilities to
its employees. The aforesaid land, after its purchase, was mutated in the
name of the company in the year 1951. The land abuts on Aurbindo Marg
and two important benchmarks of the area are Azad Apartments and The
Mother’s International School. The area in question is also very close to
Qutab Institutional Area.
Source: Indian Kanoon