1. The petitioners seek quashing of FIR No.657/2014 under
Sections 498A/406/34 IPC, Police Station Jaitpur.
2. The subject FIR emanates out of matrimonial discord.
CRL.M.C. 3702/2018 Page 1 of 3
3. Petitioner No.1 is the husband of respondent No.2. Petitioner
No.2 is the mother-in-law of the respondent No.2.
4. Learned counsel for the petitioners submit that the parties have
settled their disputes before the Counselling Cell, Family Court, Saket
on 02.11.2016. The parties have already been divorced by way of a
decree of divorce by mutual consent, passed on 10.10.2017.
5. The respondent No.2 was to be paid a total sum of
Rs.3,50,000/-. A sum of Rs.2,50,000/- has already been paid. The
balance sum of Rs.1,00,000/- has been paid to the respondent No.2 by
way of Demand Draft No.894450 dated 19.07.2018 drawn on Punjab
& Sind Bank.
Source: Indian Kanoon